About the bookIt’s been over a decade since Verne Harnish’s best-selling book Mastering the Rockefeller Habits was first released. Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t is the first major revision of this business classic. In Scaling Up, Harnish and his team share practical tools and techniques for building an industry-dominating business. These approaches have been honed from over three decades of advising tens of thousands of CEOs and executives and helping them navigate the increasing complexities (and weight) that come with scaling up a venture. This book is written so everyone — from frontline employees to senior executives — can get aligned in contributing to the growth of a firm. There’s no reason to do it alone, yet many top leaders feel like they are the ones dragging the rest of the organization up the S-curve of growth. The goal of this book is to help you turn what feels like an anchor into wind at your back — creating a company where the team is engaged; the customers are doing your marketing; and everyone is making money. To accomplish this, Scaling Up focuses on the four major decision areas every company must get right: People, Strategy, Execution, and Cash. The book includes a series of new one-page tools including the updated One-Page Strategic Plan and the Rockefeller Habits Checklistâ„¢, which more than 40,000 firms around the globe have used to scale their companies successfully — many to $1 billion and beyond. Running a business is ultimately about freedom. Scaling Up shows business leaders how to get their organizations moving in sync to create something significant and enjoy the ride.
What it Means to Scale Up…
Attract & Retain High Perfomers
- Become a magnet for A Players who are dedicated to accelerating your growth.
- No more excuses and unmet goals.
Design a Roadmap for Success
- Develop organizational clarity and accountability that fuels everyone in your company to drive business growth.
Create an Irresistible Brand Promise
- Intimately understand your target customer and how your brand promise is the unique solution theyâ€™ve been waiting for.
Have a 10x Competitive Advantage
- Position your brand as market leader in its niche with the X-Factor process that develops a 10x advantage over your competitors.
Strategize Your Quarterly Goals
- Strategize your most critical short-term decisions for your 13-week race with quality priorities and metrics on a quarterly and personal level.
Create Consistent Success
- Learn the updated â€œ10 Rockefeller Habitsâ€ to flawlessly achieve consistent, precise and predictable execution as you scale.
Accelerate Profitable Growth
- Understand the Rockefeller Habits and the critical decisions that growth companies must get right to maximize their revenue, profit and time.