Semantic Web Optimization Training
Advanced TrainingÂ 1
Included In Your Training
I. The Semantic Web Optimization Course OverviewLearn the key semantic web players, organizations and institutions that you need to know about. Find out how they connect and work together. There are literally thousands of organizations that are jumping on the semantic web bandwagon but you will learn which one matter and which ones to watch.
- Get the official chart of organizations for your own reference. It can also be used to â€œwowâ€ your own clients and students.
- How does Schema.org fit into the big picture.
The Personal â€œWhat To Doâ€ Checklist
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your identity in the semantic web (including Google profiles)
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your business in the semantic web (including Google plus business pages and Google Places)
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your brand in the semantic web (using schema.org markup)
- Precise steps you can take to authenticate your products in the semantic web (the official ecommerce ontology)
Open Data Sources â€“ Get the Evolving Master List of Semantic Technologies and How To Use Them
- Learn the difference between open data and closed data.
- Avoid getting sued by learning which data sets to legally use and not use.
II. Blog Plugins and Website Tools for the Semantic Web
WP Plugins With Ratings and Best Practices
- All In One Schema.org Rich Snippets
- APT Rich Snippets â€“ Get rich snippets for your site on Google
- Author hReview
- Author Product Review
- Breadcrumb NavXT
- Dhiti Dive
- Enhanced Linking Plugin
- Enhanced Publication,
- Feed forward recommendation network
- LH RDF
- Local spotlight
- NextGEN Facebook Open Graph+
- Open Graph
- RDFa Breadcrumb
- Schema creator by raven
- SEO Ultimate
- Vixy YouTube Embed and Download
- WordPress Topic Maps (WP2TM)
- WP Calais Archive Tagger
- WP Customer Reviews
- YQL Auto Tagger
- Zitgist Browser Linker
Here is how we rate the plugins, tools and software we teach you in the Semantic Optimization Course:a. Is the plugin or tool still actively being developed? (The semantic web is changing and growing) b. Is the plugin or tool easy to install? c. How is the support for the plugin or tool? d. Does it crash the blog or cause any conflicts with other plugins or programs? e. Do the primary search engines (especially Google) recognize the semantic markup the plugin provides? f.Â Is the semantic markup and/or method helpful for your search engine presence? g. Is the semantic markup useful to visitors and effect the visitor experience in a positive way? h. Is the software fun and easy to use? f. What we ignore: WordPress Directory Ratings (There are few people qualified to rate a semantic web plugin and many negative votes given to wordpress plugins occurr during the early developmental phase) Video Training on Semantic Plugins
- How to install (step-by-step)
- How to avoid problems and issues
- How to verify plugins are properly working with optimal results
III. The Semantic Web and E-Commerce
- Marking Up Your Products (step-by-step)
Finding Out If Your Products Are Already Entities
Getting Your Products Listed in the Semantic Web
- Dealing with GTINs
- What are GTINs?
- Registering your business with the international authority.
- The cost of getting bar codes and how to get them.
- The international product database: Does it really exist?
- Things to watch: Duplicate data in e-commerce sites.
- How to fix or handle this error. What is necessary?
- We are working with leading authorities within the semantic web and open data communities about the best ways to markup your e-commerce and business data.
IV. General Business and the Semantic Web
How to Properly UseÂ â€œSemantic Mark-Upâ€ Your Online Business, Location and Business Details
- Semantic markup for business hours
- Semantic markup for business locations
- Semantic markup for product locations
- Semantic markup for product prices
Installing a Semantic Search Engine on All of Your Primary Sites
- Why should you install a semantic search engine?
- What are the advantages of installing a semantic search engine?
- Step-by-step installation of a semantic search engine.
The Following Search Features Are Included in Your Search Engine:
- Phonetic Search
- Supports Over 17 Languages
- Automatic Language Recognition
The Following Parsers Are Included In Your Search Engine To Give Visitors the Ability to Search Through the Following Document Formats:
- HTML / XHTML
- MS Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- OpenOffice documents
- Adobe PDF (with OCR)
- RTF, Plaintext
- Audio files metadata (wav, mp3, AIFF, Ogg)
- Torrent files
- OCR over images
Expanded Search Capabilities for Your Search Engine:
- REST API (XML and JSON)
- SOAP Web Service
- Monitoring module
- Index replication
- Scheduler for management of periodic tasks
- WordPress plugin and Drupal module
V. Maintain Your Sites Authority While Getting Rid of Spam and â€œThin Contentâ€
Preparing to Usher In A New World Currency?
- The Semantic Web and the banking industry.
- How should you rethink your business to be ready for the future?
How to Submit Your Site to the Semantic Web
Proper microdata markups:
- Proper linking structures
- Proper links without href (annotation
- *Submitting your site to the semantic web
- *Maximizing RDF markup
- Proper Semantic datasets for applications
- ProperÂ rdf/xml/sparql with structure
- How to â€œsemantifyâ€ the existing wiki via plugin
- Properly submitting to dbpedia via wikipedia entry
- Properly verifying by humans for accuracy
- How to get an entity absorbed by the semantic web as fact
- Properly using 3 references for a term
- Using a barcode from the government for a product