To Every Programmer Whoâ€™s Ever Scanned
Hacker News And /r/programming And Thought…
â€œHow Will I Ever Keep Up?â€
Hereâ€™s How To Turn â€œInformation Overwhelmâ€
Into An Efficiency Edge That Can
Quickly Boost Your Income,
Earn You â€œMVPâ€ Status With Your Team,
And Make You The In-Demand Developer
Companies Are Dying To Recruit
10 Steps To Learn Anything QuicklyDiscovering these techniques for yourself will change your entire outlook on software developmentâ€”just like it did for me. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the flood of â€œmust-knowâ€ new technologies, frameworks and tools that youâ€™re bombarded with every day, youâ€™ll adopt a Zen-like attitude toward the churn. Youâ€™ll relax in the knowledge that you DONâ€™T have to jump on every new trend (or risk getting left behind). Youâ€™ll have the confidence that you can pick up a new technology and know it back to front in a few days or a couple of weeks. Instead of feeling scattered and distracted, your learning time will have laser-like focus and structure. And youâ€™ll finally experience the satisfaction of actually FINISHING. Youâ€™ll know when youâ€™ve learned enough and youâ€™re ready to move on. This 10-step system will show you:?
- How breaking out of the â€œlearning cattle chuteâ€ can help you master even the most challenging technologies quickly.
- The reason why including a mandatory â€œplay timeâ€ in your study sessions can rocket you up the learning curve faster than you thought possibleâ€”even though you feel like youâ€™re just goofing off.
- A reliable heuristic for knowing what to readâ€”and what to ignore. Thatâ€™s right: Dumping that massive stack of unread books and deleting your Instapaper queue will actually make you a faster learner. (This will free you from â€œAmazon reading list guiltâ€ forever.)
- How to harness your natural creativity and curiosity for better, faster learning (with zero frustration and overwhelm).
- How to chart your own course for learning a new topic. This will free you from the soft tyranny of book authors and trainers who think they know the best way for you to learn.
- The 3 critical questions you must answer when you start learning anything new. (Donâ€™t waste weeks wandering around lost and confused. These questions will point you in the right direction, every time.)
- How to quickly get a â€œtoeholdâ€ on any new topic before you dive deep. This technique lets you skip right past the part where your head spins from overwhelm.
- How to break out of the â€œinfinite reading loop,â€ where the more you read, the more your reading list grows.
- The way to set yourself up for learning success. When you do this, youâ€™ll know when youâ€™re done with a topic and ready to move on to new challenges.
- How you can use your new learning superpowers to quickly gain respect as a leader and an authority. Your team will look to you when itâ€™s time to evaluate new technologies, and youâ€™ll have top-notch employers beating down your door.
- How to learn more by learning less. (This is critical to eliminating overwhelmâ€”and actually putting what youâ€™re learning into practice.)
Hereâ€™s How It Works?10 Steps To Learn Anything Quickly is NOT a â€œtalking headâ€ lecture on abstract concepts. For this course, I wanted to show you the techniques in action. So I decided to let you â€œlook over my shoulderâ€ as I teach myself a brand new skillâ€”how to create pixel art. With each step, weâ€™ll start with a brief overview of whatâ€™s involved, including your goal for the step and the specific actions youâ€™ll take. Then youâ€™ll get to hear my thoughts as I perform the steps right in front of you on camera. As I unpack the first 6 steps for you will:
- Go from feeling overwhelmed and intimidated by new domain youâ€™re tackling to confidence that you understand the breadth and scope of your topic.
- Discover that you now â€œknow what you donâ€™t knowâ€â€¦
- Develop your own custom, just-for-you action plan that lays out exactly what youâ€™re going to learn and what steps you will take to install this new knowledge in your brain.